This comprehensive LIHTC Compliance course offers the tax credit manager in depth training, as well as the opportunity to take an exam to earn the nationally recognized designation: “Housing Credit Certified Professional” (HCCP).
An optional, “Housing Certified Compliance Professional” (HCCP) exam will be offered on the third day of this training course. The HCCP exam is offered separately from the course and is open to anyone who would like to take it. The HCCP is a specialized designation through the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) for developers, property managers, asset managers and others working in the affordable housing field through the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program.
Requirements for achieving the HCCP designation:
Successful completion of the HCCP exam
Minimum of two years' experience in the LIHTC industry by graduation (Those who fail to meet this requirement may consider themselves an HCCP-Candidate until reaching two years of experience.)
A total of 10 hours of LIHTC training
Adherence to the HCCP Code of Ethics
Please visit www.nahb.org to learn more about this valuable designation.
Agenda for Day 1 – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Determining household composition
Verification and documentation requirements
Calculating income from assets
Calculating earned income
Calculating unearned income
Eligible student household requirements
Agenda for Day 2 – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Agenda for Day 3 – 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Amanda Lee Gross, Director of Compliance Training, E&A Team
Amanda Gross has over sixteen years of hard-won, real-world knowledge and experience in all aspects of affordable housing and has leveraged that experience into becoming a nationally recognized trainer.
Amanda’s areas of expertise include the following programs: LIHTC, RD, HUD, HOME, Tax-Exempt Bond Compliance, and Fair Housing.
Of special note: Amanda was the 2014 HCCP of the year!
Important Details for Attendees
1. You will receive a comprehensive 160 page course manual that can be used as a desk reference long after the course has ended and a highlighter pen combo.
2. Please bring: A calculator, notepaper, and post-it notes for tagging key pages
3. The optional exam: The three hour, proctored HCCP exam is an SAT style, multiple choice exam with a “best answer” format. It is designed for current LIHTC professionals and covers management, development, compliance, and Section 42 policy. Visit www.nahb.org for more information on the HCCP certification process.
4. Meals: Coffee will be available in the classroom by 7:45 a.m. each morning. Lunch will be on your own on Tuesday and Wednesday. If you have special dietary needs, you might want to bring your own snacks.
5. CEU hours: The two day lecture course fulfils 14 CEU hours for those holding either a real estate broker or a property management license.